Central Heating Repair
Expert central heating repair,
We carry out repairs on central heating systems of all kinds including gas and oil fired boiler systems, heating controls, pumps valves and heat pumps.
Central heating repairs can be daunting, however, if you are concerned that your heating system is not operating at 100% we can help.
We carry a vast array of spares for your heating system including pumps and pump valves, Honeywell motorised zone valves, programmers / timers room thermostats, cylinder thermostats, radiator valves, bypass and balancing valves, ball float valves, underfloor heating flow meters, mixing/blending valves, heating valve actuators, wireless room thermostats and magnetic system filters to name a few. We also carry a comprehensive selection of oil burner spares to include Riello, Bentone, Danfoss and Honeywell in stock at all times.
Do you have a problem with your central heating system or boiler?
If you have a heating breakdown we can help, anywhere in the Weald..... of Kent and East Sussex.
We have a team of trained experts who can attend your property and quickly identify the problem and explain the solution. We will explain to you how we propose to fix it so you’re fully aware of any work to be carried out.
Talk to us today if you have concerns about your heating system and we will be happy to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Why is my heating or hot water not working?
Examples of common heating breakdowns include.
- No pressure or low pressure, Many boilers need a pressure of at least 0.6 bar to operate, the low pressure sensor will shut the boiler down if the pressure drops below this. Often a simple re pressurise via the filling loop and then a check for leaks will reveal the problem, which would likely be a prv (pressure relief valve) letting by and dripping outside, or a leak on the heating system or boiler. Often a prv would blow when the system is hot as a result of the expansion vessel having a low air pressure and the expansion from the water has nowhere to go so the system pressure rises beyond the setting of the prv causing it to release water to outside as it is designed to do. never cap off a prv! prv’s often do not re seal once opened as a result of dirty system water.
- Motorised zone valve or mid position valve, usually its the synchron motor that fails, it can also be the microswitch, gearing, spindle or the valve body itself.
- Boiler breakdowns, The causes of which are many including fan motors, printed circuit boards, gas valves, Scaled up plate heat exchangers, sensors, flow switches and multiple burner components.
- Circulators / pumps, the electric motors burn out get seized or the capacitors can blow, they can also be blocked by the debris which is present in some systems,
- Programmers / timers, whether Satchwell, Potterton, Drayton, Honeywell or Siemens none of them last forever, its usually small electrical contacts that fail within the pcb (printed circuit board).
Frequently Asked Questions
iB Heating is a local company that offers professional heating installation, repair and servicing in the domestic and commercial sector.
iB Heating was founded in 2004 by Ian Ballard. Having served a full apprenticeship and gained several years experience in the plumbing and heating sector including contracting for British Gas He decided to break the stereotype of the industry and to create a business that strives for perfection and truly values its customers.